I know, I know, I just posted yesterday. I try to space my posts out a bit, but I am just way too excited to share this recipe with you guys! I originally found this on He and I, but I changed it just a wee bit to my likings. It really is to die for! So moist and not too sweet! And its so simple to make! Seriously, if you can make a cake from a box of cake mix, then you can easily make this. (Because that's what you use!)
What you need:
- 1 box yellow cake mix plus the ingredients needed to make a yellow cake
- 2 cups of applesauce (I ended up just having 1 1/2 cups so I just threw in 1/2 cup of water too)
- Sugar mixture (1/4 cup white sugar, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon)
-Preheat oven to 325 degrees
-Now make your cake batter, following the instructions on the back of the box. BUT, substitute water for the applesauce.
- Grab a bunt pan, grease the inside (I used Crisco), and lightly sprinkle a little bit of your sugar mixture in there too.
- Pour some batter in your greased and sugar coated pan.
- Sprinkle some sugar mixture on top of your batter in your bunt pan.
- Pour some more batter in, and then more sugar mixture.
- Keep pouring and sprinkling until you run out of batter and sugar mixture. (This just makes sure you've got the cinnamon sugary goodness in every bite!)
Bake 40-50 minutes. *Make sure you sniff your house while this bad boy bakes, because it will work wonders on your house!*
When I pulled mine out of the oven, I was afraid that it hadn't baked long enough. But it turns out that everybody loved it more when it was on the moist side! This cake didn't even last 24 hours, YUM!
Don't be surprised if you find yourself thinking that you should stock up on yellow cake mix and applesauce the next time they go on sale after making this recipe! I know I am!