Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mexico!

The week of Christmas, my family had the opportunity to vacation in Cancun, Mexico.
We ate yummy food, snorkeled, swam, relaxed, had some good laughs, and enjoyed the warm sun and sand.
Jimmy wasn't able to make it because of a scheduled final and work (boo-hoo), but overall it was a lot of fun!

Only a few of the 194768 pictures I took. (OK maybe not that much, but pretty close.)

Our hotel on the resort:


Just some randoms of our resort:


The giant 2 acre pool we played in and relaxed by for hours:



The beach was also on our resort:


Eating yummy food with my so photogenic family






We visited with a true Mayan family one of the days. A very humbling experience for me. I don't think I have the right to be complaining about my outdated bathroom anymore!

They had all sorts of animals running around their little house:


And were making tortillas while we were there


The had a naughty monkey who ate all of their soap. She was a hoot climbing all over the place!


We toured Chichen Itza (sp?)
One of the seven wonders of the world.



The famous Mayan Ruins. I wish I could write everything I had learned, but then this would be quite a long post, so go look it up! :)


Giant Mayan temple. There was actually 2 more temples built inside this one


We did an LDS tour when we went through Chichen Itza, it was so cool and fun to learn about all of the symbolism and how close it matches up with the LDS teachings


Lots and lots of symbolism carved everywhere.



And then the family went swimming in a Cenote (sp?)


The water looks black, but it really is clear


We also toured Tulum as well:







Wouldn't mind this kind of a back yard at all! Lucky Mayans!







Coming on nightfall


My mom's sister and her family was there too, this was the only picture I got of one of my cousins though.

Aubs and Jo enjoying the bliss


All in all it was FABULOUS! Can't wait to go back.


7 comments:

  1. Wow! Great pictures! It looks like you all had a fabulous time and I'm glad you were able to go. Perhaps my brother can go with you next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I am so jealous! Lucky girl :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a great trip with lots of amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Now I want to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have spent quite a lot of time in Mexico. It is one of my favorite places, and your photos captured its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pics - looks like you had an amazing time :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!