Friday, July 27, 2012

Of Cowboys and Cowgirls

3 days of camping
6 family members
5 horses
1 truck to haul the horse trailer
1 van to haul the food

And by all means, no we did not starve!

We decided to bring out the inner cowboys in us since it had been too long. Shame on us. We loaded up all the horses my parents' still had left and took them for a little camping trip over the 24th. Oh what fun it was! It was so fun to see Jimmy in heaven. He kept saying over and over how "this is his dream and how we need to buy this kind of land and horses so we can do this all the time."
















We are so lucky to be able to grow up where we did. As a kid, while my peers were talking about what was on T.V. the day before, I was talking about my favorite pony or the tree house we built out back. Jimmy and I want to recreate that someday for our own kids. So here's to a good week and big dreams.




What did you do for the 24th? 

5 comments:

  1. I am so completely jealous...you have no idea. I'm glad you guys had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun!! That last picture is GORGEOUS. And the rainbow...wow! You guys are really lucky to have such beautiful scenery. Happy weekend, Kailie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I think I need to bring my kiddos out, cause they have never been on a horse before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautiful pictures! I've never been on a horse :( I really would love to go horse-riding one day - I think I should convince my future hubs to take me out on a date one day!!

    BTW: I linked you up to win a Liebster Award! Check out my blog for all the details on how to pass it on :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!