Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Top 5 Must Have's In The Kitchen

I loooooove my kitchen. It was the main reason I liked this house. Its a simple kitchen, but I just love putting it to work! And with kitchens come appliances and "lady tools." Here are my top 5 favorite "lady tools" for the wanna be chef in me:

- My convection oven. When we first moved in, we didn't have an oven so this bad boy worked hard to satisfy our needs. I still use it now if I need two ovens!

- My bread maker. We don't buy bread over here. Just one of our weirdnesses I guess. We prefer the whole wheat healthy, delicious homemade bread. Plus at like 30 cents a loaf, you really can't go wrong. Just put your ingredients in and push start! *Confession* I just barely learned how to bake bread by hand this week!


- My Kitchen Aid. Well technically, my hand me down Kitchen Aid. A steal huh? I especially love the citrus juicer attachment. I've been dying to get my hands on the pasta attachment. (Thanks Giulia for teaching me how to make true Italian!)



- My Magic Bullet. Love this thing. I just made a celery, orange, kiwi smoothie this morning with it! It puts my blender to shame, where is my blender anyways???


- My Croc Pot. I use this about 4 times a week. Does that say enough? This thing saves us! With our hectic schedules, I just throw my ingredients in and come home to a hot dinner. This is probably the main reason why we've been able to dinner every night. A five star in my book.


What are your favorite "lady tools?"




1 comment:

  1. My once-working Kitchen-aid was my #1 but now I make everything by hand. My convection oven, bread maker and blender are #'s 2,3 and 4. My number five has to be my crockpot. Though I don't use it as much as I should, I definitely want to use it more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!