Monday, December 10, 2012

this and that and a fa-la-la-la-la




 
 

 
 
Things have been festive in our little love nest. We have been to a few Christmas parties where we ate till we almost popped. There is a lot of "sneaking around" happening. And then suddenly another freshly wrapped present appears under the tree. We sit by our tree and try to guess what one got the other. So far the  hubs has gotten almost every one of his right. (Even though I don't admit it!) DANG IT. I on the other hand, have no clue. Jimmy made me hold off on the majority of the decorating until Black Friday. Then we headed out to find the perfect "real" tree. He gave in and bought me the cutest little owls to sit in our tree. Now he claims he bought them for himself. Must be hard being the good hubby. ;)
 
There has been lots of cuddling on the couch under thick blankets. Though one might say its more of a "one gets squished up in the couch while the other is hanging half off the couch and all the blankets cover your face so you can hardly see the shows being played for the 25 days of Christmas on ABC Family and then your neck is all stiff because there is no more room for all the pillows you wanted" Yeah, that sums it up a bit better.
 
I've been trying to be good to my health even though its the sugar season. Okay, I'd like to say that. But in reality, I've eaten a whole lotta junk. By the way, this week I made Jimmy an apple pie as an attempt to make up for my grumpiness earlier that day. A few "test bites" later and oh shoot! I needed another pie. Pretty much that's how that went. I managed to save, oh, a few bites for him. Didn't help that I wrote him a little letter too. And on that letter I said something like "So here is an apple pie I made for you." Only for him to find it had all been eaten. I just smiled and rubbed my apple pie-filled tummy.  
 


2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness that little owl ornament is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kailie, you crack me up! I love how the pie was basically gone! Hahaha! Cute tree too, by the way. Much bigger than last year's. ;) The wreath is beautiful! I love the two colors that you put together! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!