I'm noticing a spring trend here. Buying baby animals. Last year we got our baby bunnies. And this year we got us some baby chickies! I told hubs that next year is a puppy. He quickly said, "No" and I quickly said, "Yes." Well see though, I think between our garden, bunnies, and chickens, our backyard is running out of space.
Meet the new babes of the fam fam. Mimi, Hiney, Bum-bum, and Stone Tallon. Can you guess which ones Jimmy named? Hint- the last two....
A few things we have learned so far....
- These little girls don't really like to cuddle.
- They like hopping and climbing all over our hands though.
- And they are smart.
- Today one of them already climbed out of their box! Then ran away from me laughing (or so it looked like) while I chased after her and luckily caught her.
- Jimmy gets out of bed early to go peek on the sleeping babes. That's rare to get out of bed early, ya know.
-They can keep their water clean for about 2.2 seconds. What talent!
- We can't tell the gold ones apart very well. So its highly possible that we are calling them by the wrong names.
- We spend our free time, including our FHE, watching them and letting them peck our freckles.
- They dig little nests and take lots of naps in them- its so cute!
- When they sleep they bury their faces in the shavings.
- Speaking of sleeping- they play for a few minutes then have to go take naps. Little newborns.
- We talk like they are our babies.
- We act like they are our babies.
- Hubs tells me to be quiet when they are napping so I don't wake them up.
- I think we are going a little chicken crazy.