Sunday, April 14, 2013

jabber about mostly yesterday




 
 
What's new around here? 
 
 
I've been exhausted all week. Tired every day. Going to bed at 9:30 then waking up around 7. I can't figure out why I'm a zombie. Maybe I need to be more strict with my diet, I've been slacking a bit this week.
 
The hubs requested a grilled chicken dinner and cherry pie for his birthday. I'm still shocked he picked chicken over steak. I kept bugging him about it until he got annoyed and reminded me it wasn't my birthday we were celebrating. For the pie I used cherries from our tree and man! That was a yummy pie. Especially hot with some ice cream. Actually, a sliver of pie with my bowl of ice cream. If we're being honest here. ;)
 
 
We got some work done in the garden yesterday. Planted 40 new strawberry plants and a lot of potatoes. Last year each was such a success and we didn't have nearly enough, so hopefully we'll get tons this year. I'm picturing homemade strawberry frozen yogurt this summer. Lots of it.
 
 
I added a lot of new tunes to my ipod yesterday. New tunes=motivation to work out. I also painted my nails red. I could have spent the time doing much more productive things such as cleaning my house or pulling weeds, but I really felt like I needed to unwind after my crazy work week. Priorities priorities.
 
 
We played around Rock Canyon yesterday as well. I couldn't stay long because I had to work in the evening, but it was glorious while I was there. I walked around and decided we needed to get some more hikes and rock climbing into our routine. Pronto. Hubs loves that suggestion. :)
 
 
We are hoping to get a puppy soon. Shocker, I know! One of the only things Hubs and I disagree on is dogs. We do not share the same likes when it comes to dog breeds. The only one we even agree on is an Australian Shepherd. But our house isn't that big, plus our yard is getting pretty tight with 2 bunnies, 4 chicks, and a good sized garden. BUT! did you know they have mini Aussies?
Perrrrrfect. The hubs said it was a good compromise. I really don't feel like I'm compromising at all though. That man is a gem. Win win.
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I will have to look into that breed. We will be getting a puppy too after our trip to Utah this summer. Michael likes the Brittany.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!